Alexander Isak issues major Arsenal transfer statement prior to Newcastle Caraba0 Cup final

Screenshot 20250314 131703

Photo credit; GETTY IMAGES


Arsenal may have to consider alternative striker options this summer if Alexandre Isak is hard to sign.

Arsenal striker target, Alexander Isak, has made it clear that he believes he can achieve all of his football ambitions at St James’ Park. Despite ongoing speculation linking him with top Premier League clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool, Isak remains focused on his current club and the goals he has set for himself there.

In a recent interview with Chronicle Live, Isak was asked if he could fulfill his best career moments in a black and white shirt. His response was unequivocal: “That’s why I came here.” Isak emphasized that his decision to join Newcastle United was driven by his desire to compete for titles and create his own history with the club.

Isak’s current contract with Newcastle runs until 2028, and while there have been no talks about an extension yet, he remains open to discussions at the end of the season. He stated, “I am not really thinking about the summer yet. I have said many times that I don’t really think too much about my future. I have said many times I am happy here and we are competing for titles which is what you want as a football player. We have been to one final and now we are in another one”.

The Swedish international has been a key player for Newcastle, helping the team reach finals and compete for trophies. He expressed his excitement and focus on the upcoming Carabao Cup final against Liverpool, saying, “I feel good. I am really excited for the game. The best way to prepare is to train as normal. It will come down to what we do as a team, and that is all we can focus on. I am excited but focused on the job”.

gettyimages 2200868936 612x612 1
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND – FEBRUARY 23: Alexander Isak of Newcastle United celebrates 3rd goal during the Premier League match between Newcastle United FC and Nottingham Forest FC at St James’ Park on February 23, 2025 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. (Photo by Richard Sellers/Sportsphoto/Allstar via Getty Images)

Isak’s determination to succeed at Newcastle is evident in his commitment to hard work and continuous improvement. He said, “I just want to be the best version of myself. I have high ambitions. I am trying to create my own history at Newcastle. Happy with what I have done so far but always looking forward. It’s hard work and training and the mentality to want to get better. I have ambitions to achieve in my career and be the best version of myself”.

Arsenal is set on signing a top-class striker this summer, with prime targets including Newcastle’s Alexander Isak and Benjamin Sesko. They are also eyeing Liverpool’s Diogo Jota, Brighton’s Joao Pedro, and Aston Villa’s Ollie Watkins. With new sporting director Andrea Berta and a £300 million budget, Arsenal aims to boost their squad for a Premier League title challenge.

Leave your vote

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

    Log In

    Forgot password?

    Forgot password?

    Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

    Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

    Log in

    Privacy Policy

    Add to Collection

    No Collections

    Here you'll find all collections you've created before.